Sunday, March 15, 2009

Evie's first hike

Last weekend Evie had a couple major milestones. Christen and I took her on her first drive over an hour, and she went on her first hike. We drove down to the Umpqua river near Roseburg, and went to a couple waterfalls. We got to the first falls, and she had to be fed and changed. It was kind of a diaper explosion, so by changed I mean the entire outfit. Forty-five minutes later, we got out on the trail. She didn't actually hike much, and she actually spent most of the hike looking like this:
I thought she was pretty cute. Those couple of pictures were taken at Deadline falls on the Umpqua river near Roseburg. Then we went up the road a little ways to another set of falls. This one was about 3/4 of a mile up the trail. It was kind of raining, so Evie spent most of the hike in the sling with my jacket zipped around her.
It was a pretty waterfall, too.

With all of that done, we drove back home. It was a pretty successful trip, in my opinion.

1 comments:

Julia and Aaron said...

I'm so glad you guys are getting out with Evie! I hate being stuck at home. Does Evie like riding in her car seat? People tell me stories about kids who go comatose in those things but our kids just scream their heads off. We had some pretty eventful trips from UT to NM. I'm hoping for one of those "comatose car seat" kids one of these days:).

Sounds like you had a great trip and pretty falls and Christen looks beautiful too:). Glad Evie slept for you and kudos on changing the blowout mid-hike.

Thanks so much for the post! I loved seeing the pictures!